More home education resources are available online now than ever before. Many of the home education resources available are free and can truly help you reach your educational goals faster. No matter if you’re thinking about enrolling your child in an online high school program, or you’re going back to school yourself, these resources can help.
Here we have compiled a list of our five favorite home education resources, but before we dive into the list let’s look at some reasons why you might want to learn from home.
Home education resources can help you get your diploma
If you’re an adult learner there are plenty of educational resources that you can access right from the comfort of your own home. Building your own learning plan can be fun and rewarding. Maybe you aren’t looking for a diploma and just love learning. Maybe you want to challenge yourself, or maybe you need help getting through another online program you are currently enrolled in.
The benefits of educating yourself or homeschooling a child are almost too many to count. For adults, going back to school in person is disruptive and many times impractical. For teenagers, online homeschooling has been proven to be a better strategy to get kids actually understanding the material and test better. There is no question that home education is a great option for many different types of students.
The five free resources we have listed below can help any home educator get the most out of their study time.
5 great home education resources geared toward adult learners
- https://www.khanacademy.org: This one makes the top of the list because of its quality. The Khan Academy is great at explaining different math topics and is constantly being improved by the people who use it. We recommend using this as a study tool more than anything, and the best part is it’s 100% free education.
- https://www.edx.org/: This site is a collaborative effort by many higher education institutions to bring more high-quality education to the masses. Lectors from top schools like Harvard and Berkeley are now available online to anybody. While some classes are paid, there still is a large selection of free resources and classes to choose from.
- www.open2study.com: This site has lots of great resources. The lectors are excellent and they have an impressive library of free content. What’s nice about this site’s material is that it’s so up to date. With a wide selection of courses, it can be a great way to augment existing courses of study with great lectures and class materials.
- http://academicearth.org/: Similar to edX, academic earth is a totally free college-level course platform for you to learn with. They have a state of the art learning management system and the education is top notch when it comes to the free education world. The coolest part is, you can get a degree from their for free if you have the time.
- www.coursebuffet.com: This site takes pre-existing MOOC programs and lists them all in one place. It’s a great site to go for free educational assistance and to take courses. It has one of the most comprehensive databases of free online degree programs on the internet and should be a staple of any home education diet.
The truth is that the amount of home education resources available today online is unprecedented. If you or a family member is considering getting a high school diploma from home then your support options are almost endless. We hope that you found our list useful and if you need any help with online education and your options we would love to help. Comment on this post, or message us correct and let’s start a conversation about your educational future.